Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fun and Games

Nadia is definitely into games these days. So far today we've played Don't Spill the Beans, Cootie, Candyland, and Don't Break the Ice. She's not at the competitive state yet; she genuinely rejoices when I win or Paul wins. She's definitely not a sore loser (yet). We've also had a lot of fun at the playground this week. The weather has been such that it's been cool enough to enjoy a walk to the park in the morning, and it's been hot enough to go to the pool in the afternoon (on the days it hasn't been raining). Yesterday I was shocked how few people were at the pool when we arrived given it was about 4pm and in the 90's. Ian continues to enjoy being in a flotation device in the pool. Nadia loves to wear goggles.

I finally called the endoscopy clinic yesterday afternoon. I had waited because they were very specific that they would call me. Well I don't think I should have waited 8 days to call because the first available appointment was August 29th. The endoscopy is taking place a full month later than we hoped - 15 weeks after his first one, and we were supposed to have the second one 6-8 weeks after the first one. I asked to be put on a cancellation list, but I'm not holding out much hope for that. Maybe I should have driven to Philly for a weight check. I guess I will be buying more EleCare as I only have 9 cans left, and that won't last until we get the next biopsy results. At least it's scheduled. Maybe it will be his last one. That would be wonderful. He has had a couple of meals lately where he didn't cry if he had a toy to play with. I never knew it could be so hard to get a baby to eat. He's 19.5 months old and still is behind where Nadia was at 6 months old in terms of eating solid food. I tried to get him to lick a few new things lately - a lollipop, popsicle, and jello jiggler. No to all three although I did put a little jello on a spoon, and he did eat some that way. He's doing much better with sleeping though. Yesterday he didn't get up until 7:55am!!!! Today he woke up at 7:10. Good job, Ian! Thursday and Friday he only cried 10 minutes before  he fell asleep (for his nap), and today he only cried 5 minutes. That is also progress although he still takes short naps in his crib (ex. today it was 25 minutes). Today Paul accidently woke him up (loud noise in the kitchen) soon after he had fallen back asleep in my arms, and I couldn't get him back to sleep after that, but normally he sleeps for 60-90 minutes in my arms after I get him from his crib. I keep hoping that some day he'll start taking his whole nap in the crib, but it still feels like we're making progress that at least 1/3 of his nap is in the crib.

No comments: