Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lots of Laundry

I've done far more laundry than usual the past 3 days. First of all Nadia had an accident on Friday afternoon. She waited too long and had an accident near the toilet. I needed to wash her clothes plus the rug that goes around the toilet. Then she got upset at dinner because I refused to feed her. I only gave her a small portion of macaroni and cheese to eat for dinner. She is in a stage of wanting to be fed all the time, and I think at the age of almost 3.5 she should feed herself. Well she got herself so worked up that she started throwing up all over the place. Add to this the fact that Ian threw up during each of his four meals on Friday. I had to change his outfit after every meal, and he threw up on my clothes a couple of times also. He was gagging on textures that normally haven't bothered him lately, such as baby cereal. It wasn't the projectile type vomiting that occurs when his esophagitis is no longer in remission. We did better until about 10:30 last night when Nadia threw up in bed. She sabotaged her blanket, comforter, pillows, sheet, pjs, etc.
Both kids were coughing yesterday and today, and neither one was acting like his/her normal self. We stayed home from church, as I didn't want to spread their germs to others. If they seem worse tomorrow, I'll be calling the pediatrician. Ian perked up this evening, so hopefully the worst is over. I hope his cold is the reason that he's had this huge regression with eating (as long as it means he'll stop screaming over every bite once he's feeling better). Nadia took a really long nap today. She was in bed for 4 hours (although not asleep that whole time). Typically she's in bed for 2 hours these days. Ian on the other hand was in bed for 24 minutes. I think it would have done him good to take a longer nap. Unfortunately he's now had 3 days in a row where his nap was 20-30 minutes long. I thought we had gotten into a 50 minute nap routine.

Here's to hoping that the kids feel better in the near future, that Paul and I don't catch the bug, and that Nadia is up to doing ballet tomorrow as it's a Parent Visitation Day. I have really been looking forward to seeing what she's been up to the past 2 months in ballet! I'm also hoping for less laundry over the next few days, although I am very grateful for our washing machine and dryer!

No comments: