We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Sunday, August 11, 2013
12 Years!
Today is our 12th anniversary! I'm very thankful for my hubby. He's sensitive, helpful, easy going, faithful, funny, hard working, patient, gentle, a great father, my best friend, generous, and loving (12 qualities for 12 years). Originally we all planned to see Aladdin Jr. this afternoon at the same theatre where Nadia had camp recently, but I decided to stay home with Oliver while Paul took Nadia and Ian. I knew Oliver had taken his morning nap in someone's arms in the church nursery, and I wanted him to take his second nap in his crib. Paul gave me a Steeler beach towel that I will put in our bag we take to the swimming pool, but the best gift I received today was a two hour nap. Yes, Oliver took a 2 hour and 15 minute long nap!!!!!!!!!! I was asleep for two hours of that time as well. It was just what I needed. I am wondering if Oliver really needs a quiet house in order to sleep because he woke up as soon as Paul and the kids came back home. The next time I put him down for a nap I'm going to take the kids outside or go in the basement with them if the weather isn't cooperative and see if that translates to a longer nap for Oliver. It's been a VERY long time since he took a two hour nap, and maybe it had nothing to do with the fact that the house was totally quiet, but I'm going to test that theory out tomorrow. The photographer posted one "sneak preview" photo on FB today. Since today was our anniversary, she posted this one. We've only had professional photos of the two of us two other times - at Sears for our engagement pic in 2000 and our wedding pics in 2001. It was about time for a newer picture. I can't wait to see the rest of the pics she took, but I already like this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment