We also stopped at a few other stores to buy a few odds and ends like new underwear for the kids. It was great to have a few hours of one-on-one time with Paul, but I did mention to him that it's been a few years since he and I went on a really special date. Shopping and dinner is certainly better than no date at all, but I told him I'd like us to plan something to do in the next four months that would be more special. Years ago we used to do things like go ballroom dancing, see a Broadway show, go to a dinner theatre, etc. The last big outing we took as a couple was to spend a day in NYC 4 years ago when I was pregnant with Ian.
Nadia was very excited this morning because she was going to a new Sunday School class. For the past 3 1/2 years (since before she turned two) she's been in the preschool class. Today she joined the K-2nd grade class. I was concerned that Ian would be upset that she wasn't going to be with him as that has been an issue with him attending Wee Worship by himself, but he did fine. I decided to post Nadia's "Kindergarten" picture today on FB. The last few years I've noticed how many parents post a picture on FB of each child on his/her first day of school, and some do the same at the end of the school year as well for the last day of school. With homeschooling it's harder to say what is the "first" day especially as in PA you don't have to file paperwork and be an official homeschooler until your child is eight years old. We started Kindergarten a few months ago if you go by when she started working through Kindergarten textbooks. Since she was so excited about starting the new SS class today. I decided to take her Kindergarten picture today. Most of the school districts around here started last week or will be starting this week so it seemed like a good time as any to take her start of Kindergarten picture.


No comments:
Post a Comment