We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Monday, August 12, 2013
Love that shade!
I think we have finally gotten Oliver back on track with his sleeping habits! Hallelujah! Thanks again, Jo, for suggesting we try to make his room darker! Since he didn't need that help before our trip to Florida, it hadn't crossed my mind that it might help now. I wish I had tried it earlier this summer, but better late than never!!! Last Thursday night we put up a room darkening shade that we had used with Ian until he developed a fear of the dark. I also have been putting him to bed awake at night and for each of his naps. Maybe it's a combination of the two, but the bottom line is that Oliver's sleeping habits are dramatically improving! He slept ELEVEN hours last night! Nadia and Ian got up before him this morning. Fancy that! He has been the first one up pretty much every morning since we brought him home 11 months ago. Today his morning nap was 80 minutes long, and his afternoon nap was 70 minutes long. Frankly, I will be perfectly content if they stay that long. If he went back to taking 2-3 hour naps it would be harder to squeeze in trips to the playground and swimming pool. Homeschooling is SO much easier to accomplish with Nadia when Oliver's naps are longer than 30 minutes. I rock him in the glider and sing a few songs to him and then put him down awake. Sometimes he cries for less than one minute, and he almost always cries for less than five minutes. I'm sure in time he won't cry at all. I enjoy the time of snuggling on the glider while I sing to him in his dark bedroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment