| Yahooooooooooooo! PTL!!!!!!!!!!! So far so good!!!!!!!!!!! Beta was 187 on Monday and 396 today which is a doubling time of 44.34 hours and they like to see a doubling time between 48-72 hours so that is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bummer news is that Dr. Murphy (the RE who is new to this practice) makes patients wait much longer for an u/s than Dr. Wittmaack did. I had an u/s at 5w0d back in 2005. Not going to happen this time! He wants me to have one more Beta. They wanted it in one week (next Wed), but I said I'd be in MD for Thanksgiving. So she said I can come in next Tuesday (20th). Then based on where my hCG is at next Tuesday they will pick a date the following week for my ultrasound. So the bad news is I can't have an u/s at the stage where only the sac is showing to prove baby is in my uterus, but the good news is at the first u/s we should already be able to see the baby's heartbeat. She said once they see the h/b they will refer me to an OB/GYN and tell me when to stop the EV and PIO or maybe if it's okay to switch to suppositories or something prior to the end of the first trimester. I had hoped today was the last day of anxiously waiting for the phone to ring (as I thought today would be the last Beta as long as it was good) but I guess I get to be nervous one more time (as we drive to MD next Tuesday afternoon). I expressed my fear about another ectopic and she said Dr. Murphy doesn't feel these #s are indicative of another ectopic so there is no need to have an u/s sooner. I guess I can wait 2 weeks. :-) I am getting good at waiting since I've waited 5 years to become pg with what seems so far to be a viable pgcy! What a miracle!!!!!!!!! Please keep praying for Baby Kennedy!!!!!!!!!!! |
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
IT'S DOUBLED!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!
Kennedy is the name you have chosen for a boy or girl?? I like it.
YAY!!!!!! That's a great beta progression!!!! I know it's hard to wait for the u/s but I think that 6 weeks is really typical for the first u/s (in fact, mine was scheduled at 7 weeks as they did not want to do an internal u/s too early due to the OHSS). I agree with your doctor that the chances of ectopic at this point are pretty slim so... just hang in there. Hopefully you'll get a nice big number for your next blood test so that you'll have a very thankful Thanksgiving :-)
I am so happy for you!
Joy, Joy, Joy!
I'm thrilled with your news!
Post a Comment