Thursday, November 15, 2007

Up too early!

Well baby isn't letting Mommy get a full night's sleep. Is this preparation for after he/she is born? LOL! Yesterday I slept from 10:30-4:30 and attributed it to #1 not eating enough on Tuesday and #2 nervousness about the repeat Beta. Last night I slept from 9:00-3:30 and rested in bed til 4:00. That's still just TOO early! I woke up at 11:30 with heartburn. I wasn't sure exactly what it was, but when I described it to Paul he said it was heartburn (which he gets frequently but I don't ever recall having). He got me two Tums and that helped a lot. I think it was from the cheese curls (chips) I ate last night. I never eat them (Paul loves them) and when he was eating some last night I thought - hmm that sounds good. Well I'm going back to never eating them as they didn't sit well at all! Pretzels don't wake me up and put in me pain.

Tomorrow I hit the 5 week mark! Pretty soon it will be only 8 more months. :-) I think if I had an u/s this Saturday my gestational sac would be visible (based on where I think my hCG will be that day). I am thinking my hCG next Tuesday (next Beta) will be over 2,000. And I am hoping my first u/s will be 10/27 at 6w4d pg.


Here's what's going on in the fifth week of pgcy: "The baby is growing at a furious pace. At this point, he's about the size of a sesame seed. He's now made up of three layers — the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm — which will later form all of his organs and tissues. The neural tube — from which your baby's brain, spinal cord, nerves, and backbone will sprout — is starting to develop in the top layer, called the ectoderm. This layer will also give rise to his skin, hair, nails, mammary and sweat glands, and tooth enamel. His heart and circulatory system begin to form in the middle layer, or mesoderm. (This week, in fact, his tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood.) The mesoderm will also form your baby's muscles, cartilage, bone, and subcutaneous tissue. The third layer, or endoderm, will house his lungs, intestines, and rudimentary urinary system, as well as his thyroid, liver, and pancreas. In the meantime, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord, which deliver nourishment and oxygen to your baby, are already on the job."

1 comment:

Lucia said...

Ruth, my fist sign of pgcy was a terrible heartburn. I did not even know that I was pg at the time, but I remember my stomach was hurting like crazy and I even went to the doctor because of it. Your body will start doing weird things :-) I love to hear the tone of your words - you sound so cheerful! It was long overdue to have this sunshine in your life.