I have a confession to make. I actually did a hpt on Tuesday (11dpo). While on bedrest I spent some time on an ivf site that had many, many db's all about ivf. Well quite a few of them got bfps at 10dpo or earlier (I was mainly on a FET db). In fact some said their RE's do their Beta at 7dp5dt. They said their RE's expect the HCG to be at least 50 at that point which makes sense since in 2005 I was told it should be at least 100 at 14dpo. So anyhow I figured at 11dpo mine should be above 11 (I got a bfp in 2005 at 12dpo with hcg at 11.8) if there is any hope of it being at least 50 at 12dpo. So I continued taking my shots, but I was 99% convinced I wasn't pg. I had decided to test again at 14dpo (today) and if negative I was considering stopping my shots today even though I couldn't have the Beta until Monday. I talked with Paul about that last night on the phone. I didn't tell TOO many people though about the BFN on Tues in part bc I thought they'd tell me "it was probably too early" and I thought that it wasn't too early. I was wrong!!!
So I tested this morning FULLY expecting to only see one line, but there were TWO! I thought I was seeing things. I put some more contact solution in my eyes (it was only about 3:00am here in Chicago or 4am my usual EST) and turned on a second light in the bathroom to be sure. Nope, there are definitely two lines!!! Now here's the scary part. I am worried my hcg is not at 100 yet. The line is definitely darker than it was at 12dpo in 2005 when my hcg was 11.8, but it's still on the light side. So please pray, pray, pray that this little one STICKS. I am going to ask Wendy if we can call around and find some place that might do a Beta for me today if I pay cash. It would offer tremendous peace of mind. Plus I will definitely be calling my RE's office to move my Beta to Monday!!! And I will be buying more hpts as I only brought one with me (I only bought 2 for this FET and so I've now used both).
So I am in a state of shock at the moment and happy - very happy that our little # seven has implanted, but also rather nervous... I really want to HOLD this little one in my arms before he/she goes to Heaven like the other 7 babies we lost.
So I tested this morning FULLY expecting to only see one line, but there were TWO! I thought I was seeing things. I put some more contact solution in my eyes (it was only about 3:00am here in Chicago or 4am my usual EST) and turned on a second light in the bathroom to be sure. Nope, there are definitely two lines!!! Now here's the scary part. I am worried my hcg is not at 100 yet. The line is definitely darker than it was at 12dpo in 2005 when my hcg was 11.8, but it's still on the light side. So please pray, pray, pray that this little one STICKS. I am going to ask Wendy if we can call around and find some place that might do a Beta for me today if I pay cash. It would offer tremendous peace of mind. Plus I will definitely be calling my RE's office to move my Beta to Monday!!! And I will be buying more hpts as I only brought one with me (I only bought 2 for this FET and so I've now used both).
So I am in a state of shock at the moment and happy - very happy that our little # seven has implanted, but also rather nervous... I really want to HOLD this little one in my arms before he/she goes to Heaven like the other 7 babies we lost.
10 comments:
Ruth- I am praying this is a healthy and uneventful pregnancy for you. You and Paul so deserve to be parents.
God Bless.
I am so excited and thrilled for you! I will join you in those continued prayers!!!!!!!!!!
ok, just emailed you but had to leave you a comment here as well..
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your news has made my day!
Love,
Jo
Ruth!!!!!!!! I am over the moon for you and Paul! I am grinning from ear to ear here and just can't stop. I will continue to pray for you. Congratulations!
Oh and Ruth, for what it's worth. I don't think that second line is as light as you think it is. I can see it clear as day! Wahoo!!!!!!!!
Ruth!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited and happy for you!!!! oh your in my prayers that this will be a sticky BFP!!!!!!! I am so happy!
Maybe it's different with extra hormones & shots added in, but for both of my pregnancies, the 2nd line was very faint (more so than the one in your picture looks like). With Michael, it was so faint I just thought it was a fluke. It wasn't until I tested again the next day that I believed I was pregnant. A second line is a second line - no doubt about it!!!
Plus, they were dollar store hpts so I thought I had even more reason to doubt! :)
OOOMMMGGGG!!!! I had the feeling you were going to test and I was dreading to find some bad news after yesterday's. Yet, in the forever time between entering email and pwd and reading the news, I was praying and praying for something positive. I am so happy for you and Paul!!!!! I think your line looks great and can't wait to hear that those beta numbers are going up.
Jumping up and down for joy and praying that the little bean will stay put for the next 8 months!
YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations, Ruth, we'll be praying for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!
~Shelly
Post a Comment