
Okay, I know it's not good to be jealous, but I admit I am feeling jealous because Paul and Paul's mom have both heard Nadia laugh and I have not. Well I've heard her laugh in her sleep, but I haven't heard a purposeful laugh yet. Paul got her to laugh on Wednesday night while I was at work doing peer observations (a new responsibility since only tenured faculty do them). He said he was imitating the sounds different instruments make. Paul's mom got her to laugh on Thursday while I was at the dentist. She smiles for me a lot and coos, but she hasn't laughed for Mommy yet. She smiles when I kiss her, and that melts my heart. I can't wait til she gives ME kisses too! Hopefully soon I'll get to hear her laugh.
This morning the babysitter was running a little behind so I brought Nadia to my classroom while I was getting set up for class (the babysitter arrived before class began). One of the students asked what the doll was for and then realized this "doll" was my daughter. I do call her my doll baby. :-) I was going to tell the babysitter today

that she'll only have one more day to babysit Nadia (29th), but when I came back at 10:50 (and Nadia was sound asleep in the pack n play) she was showing me photos of Nadia on her Blackberry and I just couldn't do it. I am also dreading telling Ashley who will be babysitting her twice next week (not on Wednesday as Grandma Harton will take care of her that day). I think part of the reason leaving is so hard (aside from the fact I'm leaving in the middle of a semester) is because the current arrangement seems fine to me. I keep reminding myself that if I kept teaching FT not only would she be off-campus all the hours I teach but also all the hours she's normally with me on campus. I am sure I wouldn't like that At All.
Nadia's bloodwork is STILL in progress. That's a long test! I told the dr that Nadia had now been congested for 6 weeks, and she said that some c-section babies are congested for up to 6 months.
1 comment:
I especially love the first photo of Nadia, with the white crocheted hooded sweater. What a doll.
I hope you get the bloodwork results back soon. 6 months is a longgg time for congestion.
Erica
Post a Comment