1. It was really hard to leave Nadia yesterday as she was upset when I left (Grandma was there and was about to leave and Daddy had just come home from school). It was the longest we were ever separated (6 1/2 hours). I am going to try really hard not to ever have a meeting to attend that early on a Tuesday again. I can't believe how much I missed her given she's only been in my arms for 10 weeks.
3. Nadia napped really well yesterday. Her first two naps were mostly on me which hadn't happened in a long time as I've been trying to get her to sleep in the crib, but I really enjoyed it. It's so special to have her snuggled on me. She then slept 2 hours for Paul in the crib when I was at school. Also she went down to bed VERY easily last night. I got home at 8:00pm and nursed her for 45 minutes and then put her in her crib awake and she "talked" in a happy voice for about 25 minutes and then fell asleep. NO crying. Wow. I wish it would always be that easy!!! She slept 4 hours and then I nursed her for an hour and she again went down easily. The problem was then she slept her usual 2 hours more which meant she woke up at 4am so I've been up since 4am. :-( Right now I am in my office and she's asleep on me. I will transfer her to the pack n play in a few minutes and hopefully she'll sleep the first couple of hours that Angela has her. Today is Angela's first day babysitting Nadia.
4. The moment which also brought tears but happy ones this time was when Paul's mom was watching Nadia while I was packing. I took a break and came over to say hi to my little girl and she LIT UP like a Christmas tree. I have never seen her smile so big so purposefully as she looked in my eyes and started cooing away. Of course I smiled back and then she smiled some more. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. I wished for a camera to take a picture or a video. I hope I can etch it in my memory for years to come. Such a beautiful sight those smiles were and those beautiful little cooing sounds coming from her mouth. She loves me, and of course I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was priceless. I'll take some photos later today of her in her jeans (the preemie jeans still fit her, lol) and post them. She fits in well with the average college student's attire except most aren't wearing a shirt that says "I love my daddy," LOL.
5 comments:
So glad you had the big smile from her as a way to end the frustating day. I'll be praying for your meeting and hope it goes well.
stick to your guns on #2 - surely you can work something out - and # 4 gave me chills!!! how sweet!
You are definitely in my prayers. I hope you will be able to hold out with sending her to day care due to her small size.
Good for you about the school thing and keeping your daughter close. I hope everything works out! She is just precious!
Hey Ruth - I enjoy reading your comments from my blog! It's great when your little ones smile at you and get excited to see you!! Thinking about you as you get ready to move...also glad Nadia is gaining so much weight!
Christy
Post a Comment