Friday, December 5, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

Yesterday Nadia's first and second naps were each 90 minutes long. AMAZING!!! I had gotten some grading done, and I figured Nadia didn't need 4 naps since the first 2 were twice as long as usual, so I decided we'd go shopping. In the first store she was fine with being pushed around in the stroller, but that wore off part way through the second store. I need to start taking the Snugli with me or find another sling. The sling I used at first she doesn't like any more as that one doesn't allow her to look out which is what she likes to do. My wrist was killing me by the end of my shopping trip, and it was a challenge to carry my purchases in one hand and her in the other (particularly at Borders). I went to 3 stores. After Borders I made a quick stop at Dairy Queen (also inside the mall) for a Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard - my favorite which I hadn't had in many months.
Speaking of my wrist, I am wondering if I should go to a doctor. I am really glad I went to the dentist regarding my mouth pain. I really am convinced this tooth has been a problem in the past (such as in the spring). Although the root canal wasn't fun, I am very glad I had it done (well it's not complete but I already am free of pain). So I wonder if it would be the same about my wrist - that I'd be glad I went to a doctor. There are many nights it keeps me up as it hurts so much and I can't find a position where it's comfortable. In the morning (or when I get up to nurse in the middle of the night), I cannot even move any of my fingers in that hand at first.

Before we left on the shopping trip, I put the Giants hoodie on Nadia for the first time. It actually fit quite well which surprised me as it is size 12 months. So of course I had to pose her with her Daddy. The lady who rang up our purchases at Borders was very pleased to see Nadia's jacket as she is also a Giants fan. :-)

During the shopping trip Nadia got very tired as usually I put her down after she's been awake for 90-120 minutes. She did sleep on the way home but that was for only 15 minutes. So when we got home I thought she'd go down for a third and final (45 minute) nap as she had been up for 3 hours at that point. She woke up when I got her out of the car so I nursed her and then put her down but she cried. I nursed her some more and put her down again and she cried some more. So I figured she didn't need a nap. Surprisingly she was in a good mood and played nicely until almost 7pm when I put her down. That means aside from a 15 minute nap in the car she had been up for almost 6 hours straight. Yikes that's never happened! I am thinking that the norm for the next while will be that she'll have two long naps and one short one, but today she just had two long ones (as 15 minutes doesn't count as a nap in my book). It is SUCH a relief to me that now she is getting so good at taking naps. I'll be able to get more done (or get a decent nap myself) if I have 90 minutes rather than just 45. Hopefully she'll take a good nap for Paul this morning so he can get more studying done while I'm teaching my last class of the semester.
Last night her first stretch was almost 7 hours. She didn't cry At All when she went down a little before 7pm and didn't cry at all until she woke up a little before 2am. Yay! She cried a little(maybe 2 minutes) when I put her down after nursing her. Unfortunately the next stretch was only a little more than 3 hours and letting her cry didn't work so eventually I went and nursed her at 5:40, and she was WIDE awake and not ready to go back to bed so her day started earlier than I'd like it to, but we'll keep working on that. Yesterday she did better in that regard. However the fact she slept 7 hours the first stretch was very good! Go Nadia! :-)

No comments: