
I did a little decorating this morning - put the Christmas tablecloth on the dining room table, put a wreath on the front door, put out the Christmas welcome mats, and put the skirt under the tree. I also started working on preparing for my spring courses by revising the syllabus of the course I have taught before (this will be my 9th semester teaching it). We also went grocery shopping. I took the Snugli. That works so much better to use that to carry Nadia as then I still have my two hands free. She likes facing out and seeing everything in the store.

The sleep update would be that yesterday we had a new record for the longest nap in a crib as her morning nap was 5 minutes shy of 2 hours long. Go Nadia! This morning she woke up after only 40 minutes but instead of going to get her ASAP as I usually do, I decided to let her cry up to 5 minutes and sure enough she fell back asleep in that time frame and slept another 45 minutes. She is now taking 2 longer naps and 2 shorter naps a day as long as her schedule isn't interrupted due to church or shopping or whatever. I can't say things are going better at night though. There is a lot of crying going on. I nursed her once last night at 1am (6 hours after she went down) and finally got her at 6am although she had been awake for quite awhile before that (crying off and on). I can't sleep through her crying any more even if her door and my door are shut. Her voice has gotten louder! I think I'd actually get more sleep if I kept nursing her twice as then she'd go back to sleep and my day wouldn't have to start quite so early, but I know she really doesn't need the milk as when I do nurse her that one time she only nurses a few short minutes and then falls asleep. I wanted to work on shifting the one feeding to 8 hours after she goes down, but she woke up a couple of times prior to 1am so I was thinking 6 hours was good enough last night. I love her soooooooooo much and would rather be not getting a good night's sleep than have empty arms like I did prior to her arrival, but let me tell you I am so looking forward to the night when I finally get to sleep through the night. I didn't realize it might be 6 months or more before that happened!
No comments:
Post a Comment