We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Assisted Hatching
I really am still struggling with the RE's decision not to do AH on our one frozen embyros. Many, many clinics due AH on frozen blastocysts. Dr. A said the risk of damaging it was too high, but that if we did another fresh cycle we could try AH then. One reason I am nervous about not doing AH is he said that when they did the ICSI they found my eggs were thicker than normal which led to some difficulty when injecting them to try to fertilize them. Eggs get thicker as women get older, so this is part of the difficulty with ttc at age 35. I don't know if a thick outer layer of the egg means our embryos had a thick zona pellucida? However if they are worried about damaging the embryo, I guess it means their skill at performing AH must be not as good as other clinics (like the Chicago one for example). So I guess we'll just have to skip the AH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment