We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Loopy on Lupron
Well yesterday I had the familiar Lupron experience of about 1 hour after my shot feeling like I must go to sleep NOW even though I had only been up 2 hours. I felt much better after my 1 hour nap. The only other problem yesterday was I had forgotten to ice my belly before and after the shot so my belly was very itchy yesterday. The bigger problem was this morning. I did remember to ice my belly so it's not itchy today, but I have not felt well At All. I took my shot about 7:15am and by 8:30 when we were leaving for church, I was very ready for a nap. I was in MD as my sister & her kids were in from IL. Well I just felt plain awful during the service. I had taken 2 extra strength Tylenol before leaving for church, but it didn't seem to help much at all. My head was throbbing, I felt dizzy at times, and I felt extremely emotional. I cried several times in the service for no good reason - just my emotions were out of whack plus I felt lousy. I am sure it's just from my hormones being messed with. When the service was over, my brother drove me home as I didn't want to stay for Sunday School. I slept for 1 hr 45 min and felt somewhat better after lunch. I am now back home in PA, and I still feel loopy. I feel like my head is in a fog, disconnected from the rest of my body. I am very nervous about how I will function tomorrow morning as I am teaching from 8-11am. I usually don't drink anything with caffeine, but I might be drinking a cup of coffee tomorrow morning. Thankfully, if this experience mirrors my experience in July, this fog & exhaustion will only last about a week even though I'll be on these shots for 4 more weeks. So if I make it through the next week hopefully the worst will be over until the PIO shots start and I develop a very sore butt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment