Well I've been on bedrest now for over 2 days. I have read two books from cover to cover, been on my laptop quite a bit, done my Bible study, and watched some tv. I am going to climb the stairs for the first time tomorrow night; so tonight will be my last night sleeping on the couch. I figure I have to climb the steps to get a shower on Monday morning so I might as well do it Sunday night and enjoy sleeping in our bed. The couch is comfy but not AS comfy as our bed! I read on one RE's website that they advise their patients not to climb ANY staircases in between transfer and Beta. Yikes! I haven't climbed any yet, but boy do I want a shower. Mine said no "heavy lifting" but didn't specify how many lbs that means. I searched on several different RE clinic websites and it seems most said 10 lbs and a few said 15 lbs. I am trying to err on the conservative side so I will try to stick with the 10 lb limit. That means I'd better not pick Adam up while in Chicago as my mom says he weighs 20 lbs! But someone can put him in my lap, and Susie is able to climb into my lap herself. :-) My mom wondered if my laptop is okay. Thankfully, it only weighs 6.5 lbs. I say thankfully because I've been lifting it a lot the last 2 days!
This next week is a big one. First we find out if Ann picked us or not, and then if our little one has implanted. I've been trying to keep my hopes "in check." I know if we had transferred 2-3 embryos our chances would be about 25% which isn't great, but with only one they are even less. So most likely I won't see two lines again. Of course I have some hope. It would be hard to bear all these shots w/o any hope. Plus I know many, many people are praying. More than ever prayed for me before in any other luteal phase. The women at ladies Bible study, the handbell choir, the senior choir, and the list goes on. And nothing is impossible with God. If He wants us to hold this little one in our arms one day - He can enable that to happen. And wow - many people will be giving Him the glory if that happens. It would truly be a miracle in my eyes.
Well anyhow I am having a little more trouble keeping my hopes in check because I am nauseous. Really nauseous. Last night when I asked for Paul to get me Tums and a trash can in case I threw up, I really didn't connect the dots in ANY way that this could be a pgcy symptom. Then as I felt nauseous again this evening (both days its only happened in the evening - yesterday a piece of toast helped but that trick hasn't helped tonight) I did a little research on the internet. I found out that an embyro needs to hatch by the 6th day. That's why they don't freeze them any later than 144 hours after conception because they can't hatch prior to transfer as that would be very bad (well they can START hatching but only if it's within a super short amount of time before transfer). Then I read (on the Chicago clinic's website) that they should implant within about 24 hours after hatching. So this tiny little one ideally would have hatched sometime on Thursday and then implanted Thursday or Friday. And hcg starts being produced right after implantation. And it doesn't take much hcg for me to be nauseous as I was very sick to my stomach at 11dpo and my hcg at 12dpo was only 11.8. So here's my newest prayer request - if I am feeling nauseous bc I am pg - then Lord let me stay nauseous, but if I am nauseous for some other reason, please let it go away ASAP so it won't cause me to get my hopes up more than they should be. I didn't have this in August. I know I'm on more PIO and also on EV which I wasn't on in Aug, but I've been on EV for 3 weeks and nothing til last night. I am trying to stay calm. The suspense is not easy though especially when I feel encouraged by the fact I feel so awful, LOL.
2 comments:
Is PIO progesterone? I was on that and it does mimic pg symptoms. Just wondering if there are the same. I truly hope and pray this is only the beginning of pg symptoms for you and that you experience all it has to offer in the next several months!
Yep, PIO is "progesterone in oil" and is the most potent kind of progesterone one can take. I've been on progesterone many times over the past 4 years - in 2004 suppositories, in 2005 Crinone, also Prometrium somewhere in there. Crinone is stronger than prometrium (pills) or the suppositories. And I was on PIO this summer. I've been on PIO this time around for over a week now. Anyhow all that to say the ONLY side effects I've had from progesterone in any form in the past have been very sore you know whats and I don't get AF until a few days after I stop the prog. So it can make for a very long LP. Oh wait - I have also used prog cream too, so I really think I've taken it in every form it comes in, LOL!!! I'm not convinced by any means that my nausea is a pg syptom but it is playing with my mind. If I am not pg I hope it goes away ASAP so I won't get my hopes up too high.
Post a Comment