Saturday, November 10, 2007

Still positive


Well I wish I had purchased 3 more FRER yesterday instead of 4 Fact Plus hpts. The Fact Plus ones were on sale. :-) Anyhow the test is still positive and that's the main thing! It took longer to turn positive (the FRER popped up immediately and the Fact Plus took a few minutes). The instructions say as long as it turns positive in less than 10 minutes the results are accurate and it took less than 10 minutes although it felt like forever. And the line is fainter than yesterday's, but these tests aren't as sensitive. I must say this morning I was thinking, let's go back to CVS and I'll get a pack of FRERs, but the main thing is the test is ++. I am pregnant. We can't really know the # from a hpt. I'll just have to wait for the Beta on Monday. Hope the little bean is hanging on tight in there! Susie calls the little bean my "tummy baby." :-) The way to read a Fact Plus is there is supposed to be a vertical line in the control (C) window and if you are pg a + sign in the result (R) window on the left. If you are not pg, there will be a horizontal line in the R window and a vertical line in the C window. So the important line is the vertical one in the R window and that's the faintest line. It does say in the instructions that it doesn't matter which line is darker in the R window but I wish the vertical one was darker than it is. But hopefully little bean is doing fine. I'll test again tomorrow and Monday and then have the Beta on Monday also. Hoping and praying my HCG is at least 250 on Monday!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ruth for what it's worth...when I became pg with Andrew I thought for sure I was not pg. I even took a very sensitive pg test at the doctors before my beta and it was negative. You can imagine my surprise when the doctor called me later in the afternoon and said, "congrats, your pg!" Andrew just turned a year old. Ruth my friend you are 100% pregnant! Congratulations Mommy!

Tamera said...

YES!!! I wasn't expecting anything else.

Lucia said...

Yeah! looking good, Ruthie! don't stress on the color - I remember taking one of the internet HPTs several days after having found out that I was pg and it was still giving me a faint line (despite my skyrocketing twin HCG). So, as you said, don't count on the pg test to figure out where your beta is at. Waiting on pin and needles for your test on Monday! :-)