Monday, December 15, 2008

TWELVE hours!!


Well Nadia got the most sleep last night - EVER. She went down at 7pm and surprisingly woke up at 9:30. I checked upstairs to see if she was on her belly or had a poopy diaper, but she was on her back and there wasn't any odor in the room so I let her cry a few minutes and she went back to sleep. The next time she woke up was after 1am. Yay! I nursed her and then the BIG surprise is (drum roll, please) she then slept until 7:30am! WOW!!! When I went in to get her at 7:30 she was on her belly, so maybe she will sleep better on her belly than her back? Altogether she got 12 hours of sleep! I think 11 hours total was the previous high. This meant that even though I stayed up late (10pm) to watch 1/2 of Paul's football game, I still got a good amount of sleep. May this become the new norm!!! :-) I told Paul that Nadia gave her Mommy an early Christmas present that I could stay in bed until 7:30am. Paul on the other hand stayed up the WHOLE night studying. He's driving to PSU right now to take his Quantum Mechanics exam. I'm praying for him this morning to do his very best!!! Go, Paul!

Tonight we are taking Paul's parents out to dinner at Red Lobster to celebrate his Dad's birthday which will be on Saturday. They haven't seen Nadia since Thanksgiving so I know they are looking forward to spending time with her. They miss her! :-) Paul loves Red Lobster so he'll also be glad we're going there. He always used to get a 6" lobster tail with his fish dinner, but he had to stop as lobster has given him horrible heartburn the last few years. He loves the cheesy biscuits they serve with the meals as well as the ceasar salad so it's still probably his favorite restaurant even though he doesn't eat lobster any more.
Of course she's at the stage where EVERYTHING goes into her mouth. So the photos here are from yesterday of her "eating" a weasel. What does weasel taste like? Chicken perhaps, LOL? Of course she's also been seen eating an elephant. She also loves to talk to the animals. Definitely the animal she talks to the most is the lion that hangs down from her gym. I have asked her if she's the next "Dr. Doolittle." :-) The only book she's tried to eat (so far) is her bath book which is a great relief to Paul. He is not very accepting of the idea that she's going to try to eat other books also. Ha Ha!

1 comment:

The Adventures of Jing and Ying said...

12 hours....good job, Nadia!!!

Yummm....Red Lobster. I don't eat seafood, but I can eat about a dozen of their cheesy garlic biscuits :)

Erica