We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Friday, March 19, 2010
In and Out
Yesterday Nadia and I were outside for four hours, and Ian was out with us for about three of those. Helping him get to sleep is even more of an athletic event when Nadia is on the swing outside and Ian is in his crib - a lot more running was involved! I was exhausted by the end of the day. Hopefully that means I burned off those cookies I ate. He took his first and last naps of the day in his crib and the ones in between were in my arms or the stroller. I very briefly let him cry for another nap while we were outside, but I decided he's too young and too little. I went up to get him after less than 5 minutes and wow was it very, very hard to calm him back down. I definitely won't be trying that again any time soon. CIO seems very hard to do with a second child. If I did it at night, I am certain it would wake Nadia up. I was hoping for another 5+ hour stretch last night, but it didn't happen. The first was 3.75 hours long, the second was 2 hours long, the third was 1 hour long, and the fourth was in my arms for about 40 minutes as I didn't want my day to begin at 4:30am. Nadia got up at 6:15. I had put her to bed a little earlier last night due to her shorter nap yesterday and also the fact that I doubt aside from sleeping in the car she'll get any nap today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment