Ian jumped from a 5 hour stretch the last few days to his first 7 hour stretch last night! WOOHOO! He went down a few minutes after 8pm and didn't wake up until a little after 3am!!! I had gone to bed about 30 minutes after he did. I slept soundly for about 5.5 hours and then not as well the next hour due to clogged ducts, but it still felt wonderful to be horizontal for 6.5 hours straight for the first time in 3.5 months!! Normally his second stretch is at least 2 hours long, but last night it was only one hour long. So he still only got 8 hours of sleep between 8pm and 7:30am. Since 3am this morning I've only had one hour of sleep (4:30-5:30am), and it's now 6:15pm. Someone recently told me that someday I'd look back and miss these late night times to snuggle. I don't think so. I never felt that way about Nadia. Will I miss the snuggling - YES. I loved having him sleep in my arms during Sunday School this morning for example. That I will miss. I missed it when I started putting Nadia in the nursery and my arms were empty during church and Sunday School. However I really don't think there's anything aside from sleep that I want to do at hours like 3am. I get up during those hours out of love not out of enjoyment. Maybe I'm the odd ball when it comes to this, but I have always been one, even as a child, to really value my sleep.
Nadia's nap was later today, but that didn't help. It was again about 90 minutes long. Ian did a great job in that he never needed help staying asleep. I usually pop his pacifier in. He slept for an hour before we left for church in his Nap Nanny without a pacifier. His second nap was in his carseat, and his third was in the Nap Nanny. Way to go, Ian!! Isn't he adorable in this outfit? I think he's super cute!! It's such a relief that he's mostly wearing 0-3 month clothing now. He still wears some newborn size onesies.
Ian now weighs 8lb 13.5oz. He's holding steady at gaining 1/2 an ounce a day. Maybe the reason he was bigger in the womb was due to my diabetes. Maybe he's going to be smaller than Nadia? He should hit 9lbs by Friday and should be about 9.5 lbs by his 4 month doctor appt (compared to 7.2 lbs at his 2 month appt).
No comments:
Post a Comment