Yesterday as I was going through my (work) email inbox, I clicked on a link to a newsletter that I usually read, The Teaching Professor. My university pays for a subscription for all the faculty. I am particularly glad I read this issue as the 2nd page was a summary/review of an article I had published a few months ago! When I saw my name at first I assumed there was another person with my first/ last name out there (which there probably is as my married name is a common one), but then I realized nope they are talking about ME! What a pleasant surprise, LOL! I wonder if they were going to notify me? What if I didn't already read this newsletter? I was in such a state of (happy) shock that I almost forgot to pump before going to class. Thank goodness I remembered in the nick of time. I wasn't able to pump very long, but pumping for even 7 minutes (or something like that) is better than not pumping at all. Next week is spring break. This means that after class tonight I have 12 days off!
Ian's first stretch was 5.3 hours long (9:00pm-2:20am). What a blessing that was! I was leaking all over the place prior to the time he woke up, but thankfully I didn't have any clogged ducts so I didn't need to get up and pump. I would have had to use the manual pump as I left the electric one in my office last night. I plan to bring it home tonight. His second stretch was about 1.5 hours long (3:35-5:00). He was about 15 minutes shy of 7 hours altogether! Much better... Unfortunately, Ian's crying at 5am woke Nadia up. Paul brought her down at 5:10am. That's just too early to start the day in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment