Hitting these weekly milestones seems like a much bigger deal than it did several weeks ago in light of the complete placenta previa, fetal anemia, and shortened cervix. I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound tomorrow morning in Harrisburg. I'm praying that will be my last trip to that hospital. The last time I noticed any discharge was Saturday evening. It's very reassuring to go four days without seeing any of that. Today is the first day of my fourth week of bedrest. I get very overwhelmed when I think of being on bedrest for up to 10 more weeks. I keep telling myself to take it one day at a time.
Ian wouldn't take a nap in his bed for Gabby yesterday. He ended up napping on the couch with me again. At some point we're going to have to get him back to napping in his bed, but for now I guess he'll be napping with me. I woke him up after he had slept an hour as I didn't want his nap to interfere with sleeping at night.
Paul took the kids to the dollar store last night so that Nadia could pick out her birthday balloons. I had started a tradition that she could have as many mylar balloons as her age, and I was very surprised that she remembered. She said to me, "I get four balloons this year." These balloons last a long time. We definitely get our $1 worth out of each them. Paul also let Ian pick out one (truck) balloon. She also picked out a pack of napkins and paper plates to take to Friendly's tomorrow to use when they eat her chocolate birthday cake.
The good news is that Paul's advisor anticipates he'll defend his dissertation in September. The bad news is that she can only pay him through the end of December because her NSF grant wasn't renewed. Paul had hoped to stay as a post doc with her through at least July 2013. His days of driving to PSU are numbered - just six more months. The problem is that it's going to be hard for him to get a teaching job that starts in January. I'll be searching diligently for an adjunct position for him that would start in January. I had planned to resign effective early January, but I might not be able to do that unless Paul gets a job then that includes health insurance. I'll also be diligently searching for a tenure track job for him that would start in August 2013. I'm very glad that the end of his schooling is in sight, but I am a bit concerned about the timing of his graduation. As much as I might dislike PSU's health insurance, it's far better than no health insurance!
No comments:
Post a Comment