Saturday, June 23, 2012

Many Changes


It's been cracking me up all the things Nadia says will be different when she's four years old. For example, she told me she won't suck her thumb any more, she'll eat lots of vegetables, and she won't want to watch "Angelina Ballerina" on Netflix any more. I'd love it if her opinion toward veggies changed tomorrow and she completely gave up sucking her thumb, but I'm not really expecting this magical transformation to occur while she sleeps tonight. Today is her last day as a three-year-old!



I am feeling a million times better emotionally today than I did yesterday. I needed a little time to adjust to the idea that our trips to Harrisburg are nowhere near over. I contemplated calling Geisinger again on Monday because on their MFM website they specifically say that they do fetal transfusions for anemia. I am wondering if the woman gave me misinformation yesterday. She didn't know the answer. She had me on hold while she was checking to find out if they did them or not.
Today I did a search online of the doctor in Harrisburg, and I found many articles talking about him doing these transfusions. I learned that it's the most common prenatal surgery they do at that clinic (the second most common is a bladder shunt). He's been doing them at that hospital for 15 years. I then did the same search with the names of the three MFM doctors at Geisinger, and nothing came up about any of them performing this procedure. My thinking is that even if per chance they actually do the procedure, the doctor in Harrisburg has far more experience with it. Since this is such an invasive procedure, it's worth the extra drive.

1 comment:

TylerandBrianne said...

Amen to staying with the Dr in Harrisburg!!